There are many different opportunities to gain entry into the United States, but not all of the options apply to every case. One of the often overlooked visa opportunities is the E-2 treaty investors visa. Martin Lawler believes that this is a visa that has grown more popular over the years, as people have gotten to know about the benefits that it offers to entrepreneurs who take advantage of it. With proper legal counsel, the conditions that are needed to acquire the E-2 visa are relatively easy to fulfill, and is a proven method for getting your visa approved.. However, the issue that is now surrounding the E-2 visa is no longer the conditions nor the benefits of the visa, but the application process for acquiring the E-2 visa. To that end, Martin Lawler is at your service. The following document will help shed light on the E-2 Visa application process, but first a brief introduction on the E-2 visa itself.
The E-2 visa is a type of visa that guarantees one the ability for living, working, and traveling to and from the United States undisturbed for a specific number of years. However, the E-2 visa is not one that is available for everyone. To qualify the E-2 visa, you must meet certain criteria. Martin Lawler specifies that the major factors you must meet to get the E-2 visa are as follows;
- You must be a member of one of several countries that have an outstanding commerce or trade treaty with the United States
- You must have invested or are in the process of investing a significant amount of money into a business enterprise in the United States.
When you meet these two factors, you are eligible to be granted the E-2 visa. However, although the aforesaid factors are basically conditions to be met before getting the E-2 visa, they are not the only conditions you must meet. For that purpose, below are the requirements for the E-2 Treaty Investor visa. They are:
- Being a Member Of An E-2 Country. Being that the E-2 visa is in existence as a result of various treaties, it follows that unless you are a legal citizen of one of these nations with E-2 treaties with the United States, you can not be eligible for this visa. Also, there exist certain attributes of the E-2 visa that your country’s particular agreement can enhance. For example, often times the length of your E-2 visa will vary depending on your country’s agreement.
Examples of E-2 countries are Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Jamaica, Cameroon, etc.
- Making a Significant Investment. When it comes to the E-2 visa, something you should pay mind to is that the E-2 visa is mainly meant for business investors. Hence, in order to be eligible for the E-2 visa, you must show you have invested, or you are about to invest a significant sum of money into a business enterprise in the United States. However, for this requirement, there is something you should take note of, that is, what constitutes a significant sum. While there are no set minimum amounts by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, they do stipulate that whatever sum you place must be sufficient enough to show dedication to the business investment. Typically an investment greater than $100,000-$200,000 is sufficient enough to qualify as a significant sum.
- The Investor’s Reason For Entry. A significant requirement for getting this type of visa is showing that your reason for coming into the country is to direct and develop the business enterprise you have invested in. Simply put, this is you showing that you are coming into the country to have a direct hand or control on the business you’ve invested in.
Stated above are the three most important requirements you must meet before you can apply for the E-2 visa. If you have properly adhered to and met the above-stated requirements, then the next step, which is applying should not be an issue.
Steps On How to Apply For The E-2 Visa with Martin Lawler
- In applying for an E-2 visa, Martin Lawler recommends the first step to take is to go online and fill out the DS-160 form. The DS-160 form is also known as the non-immigrant visa form, and once you’re through filling the form, you can upload it online along with a passport photo.
After paying the application fee, and completing the online application process you will receive a digital confirmation. It is important to take note to print out the page, as it will be needed during your visa interview at the American embassy or consulate.
- Following your online application and payment of the application fee, the next step is locating the nearest United States consulate or embassy in order to schedule your interview. Take note that each consulate or embassy may have extra application requirements. So it is proper to research and be aware of those beforehand.
- The next step to take after the two stated above, is gathering the required documents. It is pertinent to properly gather and prepare all the documents you will need. This especially starts from filling out your DS-160, as you’ll need several documents nearby when filling your form. You should also note that the documents you will need will vary, depending on the consulate and your nationality.
- The next step to take is attending the already scheduled interview. At the interview, the United States immigration officer will decide whether or not you as the applicant are a good fit for the E-2 visa. Following this, the next reasonable step is either your approval or denial of your application. If it’s approved on the spot by the official, you will be asked to record your fingerprints and leave your passport at the embassy, to be later given to you in some weeks time with your E-2 visa.
The E-2 visa application process can be successfully applied for and granted without legal assistance by following the steps above, but it is recommended to contact a legal advisor for the smoothest processing times. Martin Lawler has been working in the E-2 immigration business for decades and is a trusted resource in the industry.